CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Mad River Mountain

Rachel agreed to babysit all day Saturday for Anna and Xavier, so the rest of us could go skiing! We dropped Anna and Xavier off at 8:15am and headed to Bellfontaine. Brian went skiing growing up and a few times in college, but Isabelle has never gone and I just went once in high school and was about as bad as you could be! So, Isabelle and I took a lesson and spent the rest of the day on the "mountains." Isabelle was a rock star. She was not scared at all and went super fast. Too bad she didn't really master stopping!

I, on the other hand, thought that slow and steady won the race. There is actually video of me going even slower, but it's kind of embarrassing. I'm proud to say, though, that I didn't fall once while skiing and was actually able to get off the ski lift with ease! The lessons are definitely worth it!

Brian, of course, was the best skiier. He stayed with us, so we didn't have to fear getting stuck in the snow, but we let him have some fun too! This is video of the first time he jumped the little cliff. He went a bit faster the next time, but I wasn't taping!
 Isabelle was very excited on the way there.  Of course she wouldn't express that to us, but she couldn't wipe the look of extreme anticipation off her face!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a great time skiing, and it was probably a good decision not to bring Xavier. Maybe next time we can help out with babysitting.

    ReplyDelete